Tuesday, August 4, 2009

He Still Calls Me Beautiful



A couple of years ago we were at the church and I was working on something and Tim called across the room “Beautiful, I have the boy’s coats.” I turned and answered him and it was later when I realized that I didn’t question who was calling or that he was talking to me. I realized that he calls me Beautiful a lot.

Tim and I have been married nineteen years today. In the past nineteen years we have lived in ten states. We have helped start three churches. We have four boys here and two in heaven. We have been through a lot together. We have both grown and changed. I am different than I was nineteen years ago.

But through all of this the man I love and chose to commit my life to nineteen years ago STILL calls me Beautiful. I am blessed. I can’t wait to see what the next nineteen years hold. I love you, Tibs.

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

That is so sweet. What a testimony to God's goodness and grace.

Carpool Queen said...

It encourages my heart to see him call you that, for it's something that I know to be true about you, and I like that he knows it, too.

Robin said...

Awww thanks!

Kimberly said...

That is so neat. My hubby's name is Tim, too.