Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Digital Scrapbooking

I have really wanted to get into digital scrapbooking. Not because I need another hobby to pursue but because I have been too economical to print out all the digital photos that I have. Now I have all these photos sitting on my computer and I need to get creative with them.

I was scanning a scrapbook magazine and I found an ad for www.scrapblog.com. I decided to take a peak and when I did, I found they were offering free Mother's Day cards, you have to pay the shipping. So I decided to check it out and I created 2 cards one for my mom and one for Tim's mom. It was super easy to figure out and I enjoyed playing around with the cards and personalizing them for each mom.

Plus as you can see below it was easy to upload to my blog and also to my facebook account.

So if you have been wanting to try digital scrapbooking but don't want to fork over alot of money check out www.scrapblog.com. Be sure and look around, some of the "themes" are free and some aren't so check it out. Let me know what you think.


Here is the Mother's Day card I made for my mother in law.



I actuallly had it printed and sent to her and here is the one for my mom.



Here is one of the scrapbook pages I made.

2 comments:

Barb Ashcroft said...

Digital scrapbooking is a wonderful way to edify the special people and events in our life. With you and your hubby being in ministry you may want to investigate a non-profit status to use this as a fundraiser. I'm presently working on some projects for Vacation Bible School and a special book for oneo f the congregation who turned 80. I'd love to help you. Barb at www.RecallWhen.com

Kendra said...

Hi, I'm a friend of Meredith's and I'm over from her blog. I just got in to it, too, and have discovered lots of free sites where you can download paper kits, embellishments, all sorts of cute stuff! freedigitalscrapbooking.com is one, shabby princess.com is another. There are oodles of them out there!