Friday, February 15, 2008

Attitude of Gratitude

A friend on a board I am on suggested taking the next 30 days to blog about gratitude.

One of my favorite quotes is from TW Hunt "What if tomorrows blessing were dependent upon our thankfulness today?"

When I read that it makes me stop and think. Sometimes it is easier to just complain about all the little things in life rather than find the joy and happiness in life.

Today I am so thankful that the boys are healthy. Will and I have a cold but other than that we are healthy.

I am also thankful that I don't live in the 1800's. Stay with me a minute on this. Our heat is out at the house so we are surviving with electric space heaters. It reminds me that I am glad we don't live in a time when our heat and warmth would be dependent on wood heat. Also when our heat went out we have had several friends offer for us to stay with them. (This is huge with four small children.)

If I take a few minutes it is so easy to find things to be thankful for. We are so blessed.

2 comments:

Jen said...

thank you for the reminder to take a moment to count my blessings!

Michelle said...

Enjoying reading when I can. I like your blog Robin. Michelle (Momof6)